PURPOSE OF POSITION
Support the operation to deliver Superior Guest Service by performing duties which includes: completing guest transactions, assisting with food preparation and cooking, and cleaning. Assist unit management with monitoring daily operations and lead employees in the performance of their duties in the absence of a unit or assistant manager. Perform unit opening and closing duties which includes cash management, inventory management, stocking, and unit appearance.
1. Ensures each guest receives superior service by providing a friendly environment, which includes prompt recognition and greeting of guests with a smile using established service standards.
2. Communicates, explains and suggestively sell menu offerings, products, and promotions to guests.
3. Completes cash handling duties with appropriate paperwork; processes and presents checks to guests and completes payment transactions.
4. Cooks and stores food at required temperatures; labels, dates, and rotates all products in accordance with company standards.
5. Assist unit management with monitoring daily operations and lead employees in the performance of their duties in the absence of a unit or assistant manager.
6. Perform unit opening and closing duties which includes cash management, inventory, stocking, and unit appearance.
7. Adheres to and ensures all company policies, procedures and safety guidelines are followed.
8. Support the training of associates to ensure that unit standards, sales and customer service are maintained.
9. Ensure that all areas of the unit are properly cleaned and maintained and opening and/or closing side works are completed according to established checklists
10. Follows safe food handling and proper hygiene practices.
11. Adheres to workplace safety standards for operating and maintaining equipment and reports any equipment malfunction to management immediately.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to obtain alcohol awareness and/or ServSafe Food Safety certification.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1-2 years previous customer service and supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively communicate information individually and in small group situations to customers and co workers.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply reasonable understanding in carrying out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to continuously stand and walk; use hands to lift and carry (0-50 lb.), frequent reaching/grasping/handling, frequent pushing and pulling (0-50 lb.), handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talks or hears. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tasks do not expose employee to hazardous conditions.
No travel required.