I. Job Summary
The Sales Associate is responsible for maintaining the selling, operational, and merchandising standards
which drive our success while providing exceptional customer service. This position reports to the Store
II. Major Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned by management.
A. Sales Generation
1. Ensures the highest level of customer service is provided
2. Effectively communicates product features, benefits and promotions
3. Effectively attempts to up sell both on the sales floor and at cash wrap
4. Accurately processes all cash and credit card transactions
5. Accurately records tender amounts received from customers, makes change and issues receipts
6. Reads and records totals shown in POS and verifies against cash on hand
7. Meets or exceeds established sales goals
B. Maintain Operational Standards
1. Accurately completes shift opening and closing cash counts and related paperwork
2. Proficient on POS system
3. Follows all loss prevention procedures as outlined by the store location
4. Protects cash and merchandise
5. Open or close store periodically as required by management
6. Ensures that company merchandising and cleanliness standards are maintained
III. Minimum Job Requirements
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals.
3. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
4. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions, percentages and decimals.
5. Some knowledge of Point of Sale (POS) Software.
6. Meets FAA regulations for a security background check.