GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Provide a superior, friendly, and efficient transaction (at time of rental and return) using the company approved sales and service process. Facilitate the rental process through verification and documentation of all necessary driver information to provide for an efficient and timely rental and return experience.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Make eye contact and greet all customers; thank customers at the conclusion of their transactions.
• Provide all customers with undivided attention while assisting them at the counters.
• Use Company approved sales and service process when determining customer needs. Offer all optional products to meet customer wants and needs.
• Prepare all rental and return documents accurately and completely.
• Qualify each customer using our company approved sales and service process
• Offer all customers assistance with directions, maps, local area information, appropriate service information, etc.
• Review rental parameters with all customers to ensure a complete understanding of our rates and service charges.
• Ensure that the return date and time on the rental agreement is accurate.
• Review all charges at the time of vehicle return.
• Answer the phone in a friendly, helpful and prompt manner.
• Assist customers by effectively resolving all customer service issues.
• Maintain the appearance of the rental counters and areas to present a neat and orderly image.
• Ensure that the counter is stocked with appropriate supplies to provide smooth and effective counter service.
• Assist and coordinate customers within the queue to minimize any wait time and promote the most efficient service method as required.
• Perform other customer service related duties in addition to those listed, to ensure our service meets the needs of the customer.
• Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
• High School Diploma or GED or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience
• Rental experience is preferred
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
• Knowledge of Rent 2000
• Possess strong skill set in customer service and problem prevention
• Ability to effectively offer and sell incremental items
• Ability to communicate instructions from management to other positions
• Knowledge of Location key item metrics and budgets
• Ability to work in high stress and pressure situations
• Comply with all uniform appearance requirements
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to understand, read and write English
• An individual contributor; not responsible for supervising others
• Various Rental Location employees
• Regular contact with Customers
• May have some contact with service vendors such as towing vendors, body shops, dealerships, etc.
WORKING CONDITIONS/EQUIPMENT USED:
• Able to stand at a counter for 8 hours a day minimum
• Requires the use of computer and related software/functions for 8 hours a day minimum
• Good eyesight to work on a computer
• Good hand and eye coordination
• Ability to walk, bend, stoop without assistance