Purpose of Position:
Support the operation to deliver Superior Guest Service by performing assigned duties which includes: Ensures food products are prepared within specifications. This may include mixing ingredients, preparing vegetables, salads and sandwiches and/or meat for further use, sushi or other “light” faire preparation, frying or microwaving. Additional duties may include food plating or other activities as directed.
1. Process a variety of vegetables, meats, seafood, poultry and other food items for cooking.
2. Ensures that all recipes are prepared in accordance with Concessions International procedures.
3. Follows standardized recipes to ensure the quality and consistency of every batch recipe from prep to the proper workstation or designated area.
4. Ensures that all slicers, scales, refrigeration and cooking equipment are operating correctly and at the proper temperature.
5. Checks duties for the day by reviewing prep list, cooler pull list, and prepares only what is on the Daily Prep List.
6. Organizes and plans daily activities before beginning work.
7. Washes, peels, slices and mixes vegetables, fruits or other ingredients for sandwiches, salads, soups, cold plates and garnishes.
8. Measures and mixes ingredients to make salad dressings, sauces, desserts and other food products.
9. Operates and maintains all equipment and workstation in accordance with established sanitary, operating, safety and maintenance procedures.
10. Follows safe food handling practices and cleans all equipment and workstations as required.
11. Labels, dates, rotates and stores all food products according to company labeling standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively communicate information individually and in small group situations to customers and co workers.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply reasonable understanding in carrying out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand during 6-8hr shift, and use hands to manipulate and operate objects, tools or controls; Reaches, bends, stoops, shakes, stirs and wipes; The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and taste or smell; Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.