PURPOSE OF POSITION
Support the operation to deliver Superior Guest Service by performing duties which include: completing guest transactions, assisting with food preparation and cooking, and cleaning. Adhere to company policies related to standard operating procedures and cash handling.
1. Ensures each guest receives superior service by providing a friendly environment, which includes prompt recognition and greeting of guests with a smile using established service standards.
2. Communicates, explains and suggestively sell menu offerings, products, and promotions to guests.
3. Verifies cash drawer/bank and completes appropriate paperwork.
4. Processes orders and accepts payments.
5. Cooks and stores food at required temperatures; labels, dates, and rotates all products in accordance with company standards.
6. Performs food preparation duties in accordance with company standards.
7. Maintains cleanliness of area which includes trash removal, dishwashing, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning tables, countertops, food prep area, display cases and equipment and stock supplies as needed.
8. Follows safe food handling and proper hygiene practices.
9. Adheres to workplace safety standards for operating and maintaining equipment and reports any equipment malfunction to management immediately.
10. Performs opening and/or closing side works according to established checklists.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and effectively communicate information individually and in small group situations to customers and co workers. Ability to understand the English language both written and verbal.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply reasonable understanding in carrying out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to communicate in verbal and written forms, and visually navigate through the unit.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to continuously stand and walk. Use hands for lifting and carrying (0-60 lbs.) including frequent reaching, grasping, pushing and pulling; and stooping and bending.
Frequent immersion of hands in water and other cleaning agents.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
No travel required.