JSM & Associates, a growing company headquartered in Central Florida, is seeking qualified individuals to join our team in Denver! This is an advanced level position with varied responsibilities, including, but not limited to, the maintenance of the airport Baggage Handling Systems (BHS) at the Denver International Airport.
Machinery Maintenance Mechanic – BHS
This position will apply advanced mechanical knowledge to perform maintenance and operational tasks on an automated Baggage Handling System (BHS).
The successful candidate will possess all of the necessary skills associated with this position, along with knowledge and demonstration of the following:
• Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) inspections, dismantling, repair and rebuilding of equipment
• Perform scheduled/unscheduled maintenance dismantling, repair and rebuilding of equipment
• Perform cleaning of all parts of the BHS, as well as all surrounding areas
• Able to troubleshoot, repair, replace, and rebuild all of the mechanical components in the BHS to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Belt Tracking - Belt Tension - Sheaves
- Gearbox and Bearing Lubrication - Motors - Rollers
- Clutches - Brakes - Hydraulic Systems
- Transporting Telecars - Bearings - Conveyor Belting
- Drive Belts - Drive Shafts - Pulleys
• Inspect all BHS equipment for proper operation and performance, including but not limited to, conveyors, lifts, diverters and automatic tag readers
• Install, inspect, assess, maintain, repair and/or refurbish of all mechanical parts, components and/or assemblies within the BHS
• Capable of clearing and resetting operational issues (jams, faults, etc.); may physically move baggage during these issues
• Assist, when needed, the Control Systems Technician (CST) with clearing electrical faults and electrical repairs
• Able to read and interpret manufacturers’ maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
• Operate a Central Monitoring Facility/Control Room; these duties will include: using multiple computer systems for monitoring the BHS and running reports, communicating faults in the BHS using a radio and telephone, and communicating with Airport Personnel, Consultants, Transportation Security Administration, and Airline personnel
• Maintain daily turnover reports and hourly labor time sheets for warranty reimbursement and statistical tracking of repairs
• Provide on-site training of Entry Support Mechanic (ESM)
• Collateral duties as required
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in BHS Operations and Maintenance
• Obtain security clearance by undergoing a Ten (10) year Criminal History Records Check (CHRC)
• Possess a valid drivers’ license (with a clean driving record)
• Skilled to diagnose adjust and/or reset improper function (belt tension/tracking, jam, etc.)
• Fully conversant with, and capable of maintaining, all mechanical components in the BHS
• Capable of working a scheduled shift (this is a 24 hour/day, 7 day/week operation)
• Capable of working unsupervised
• Fully proficient with, and capable of operating, mechanical hand tools, as well as associated tools used specifically on BHS systems
• Standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day
• Frequently lifting/moving items that may range in weight up to 50 pounds, occasionally up to 100 pounds
JSM & Associates offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
JSM & Associates is a Drug Free Workplace.
JSM & Associates, LLC (the Company) is an equal employment opportunity employer; we adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Interested candidates should complete the JSM job application, which can be found at the following website: https://jsmandassociates.applicantstack.com/x/openings