JSM & Associates, a growing company headquartered in Central Florida, is seeking qualified individuals to join our team in Denver! This is an entry level position with varied responsibilities, including, but not limited to, the maintenance of the airport Baggage Handling Systems (BHS) at the Denver International Airport.
Entry Support Mechanic – BHS:
This position will apply basic mechanical knowledge to perform maintenance and operational tasks on an automated Baggage Handling System (BHS).
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to learn and work under the direct supervision of a Machinery Maintenance Mechanic (MMM) or Control Systems Technician (CST) to perform the following:
• Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) inspections, dismantling, repair and rebuilding of equipment
• Perform scheduled/unscheduled maintenance dismantling, repair and rebuilding of equipment
• Perform cleaning of all parts of the BHS, as well as all surrounding areas
• Learn, under direct supervision, to be able to troubleshoot, repair, replace, and rebuild all of the mechanical components in the BHS to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Belt Tracking - Belt Tension - Sheaves
- Gearbox and Bearing Lubrication - Motors - Rollers
- Clutches - Brakes - Hydraulic Systems
- Transporting Telecars - Bearings - Conveyor Belting
- Drive Belts - Drive Shafts - Pulleys
• Learn, under direct supervision, to inspect all BHS equipment for proper operation and performance, including but not limited to, conveyors, lifts, diverters and automatic tag readers
• Learn, under direct supervision, to install, inspect, assess, maintain, repair and/or refurbish of all mechanical parts, components and/or assemblies within the BHS
• Capable of clearing and resetting operational issues (jams, faults, etc.); may physically move baggage during these issues
• Assist with the adjustment, and the reset, of improper function of belt tension/tracking, etc.
• Collateral duties as required
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of one (1) year of mechanical work experience
• Obtain security clearance by undergoing a Ten (10) year Criminal History Records Check (CHRC)
• Possess a valid drivers’ license (with a clean driving record)
• Capable of working without direct supervision for more than fifty (50%) of the time
• Capable of completing a task with minimal supervision after proper training
• Capable of working a scheduled shift (this is a 24 hour/day, 7 day/week operation)
• Fully proficient with, and capable of operating, mechanical hand tools
• Standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day
• Frequently lifting/moving items that may range in weight up to 50 pounds, occasionally up to 100 pounds
JSM & Associates offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
JSM & Associates is a Drug Free Workplace.
JSM & Associates, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer; we adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Interested candidates should complete the JSM job application, which can be found at the following website: https://jsmandassociates.applicantstack.com/x/openings