Purpose / Position Summary:
Support the operation to deliver Superior Guest Service by performing duties which includes: cooking and plating food products in accordance with production requirements and quality standards. Maintains a safe sanitary work environment.
1. Cooks, plates, and follows portion standards for food products in accordance with production requirements.
2. Organizes and plans activities by reviewing daily pull and prep lists.
3. Cooks and stores food at required temperature; labels, dates, and rotates all products in accordance with company standards.
4. Tests foods for proper cooking standards using methods such as tasting, smelling, measuring devices or other utensils.
5. Monitors and maintains proper cooking temperatures for large volume equipment such as grills, deep fryers, ovens, broilers, and roasters.
6. Maintains food preparation area, cleans all equipment and workstations immediately after use or as required.
7. Follows safe food handling and proper hygiene practices.
8. Adheres to workplace safety standards for operating and maintaining equipment and reports any equipment malfunction to management immediately.
9. Performs opening and/or closing side works according to established checklists.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of basic food preparation and cooking skills; Must be able to properly identify and use various cooking utensils and equipment.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and effectively communicate information individually and in small group situations to customers and co-workers; Ability to understand the English language both written and verbal.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, and common fractions.
Ability to apply reasonable understanding in carrying out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand during 6-8hr shift, and use hands to manipulate and operate objects, tools or controls; Reaches, bends, stoops, shakes, stirs and wipes; The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and taste or smell; The employee must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise; Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-pound cases several times per shift.
Frequent immersion of hands in water and other cleaning agents.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to work in various hot and cold temperatures.
No travel required.