Employee is responsible for acceptance, handling and transfer of cargo at designated Client facilities.
Specific Duties / Essential Job Functions: (Other duties may be assigned.)
• Operate forklifts, “bobtails,” “tugs,” and other mechanized cargo equipment in order to load, unload, and tow cargo and freight.
• Book and assign freight to designated flights by inputting data into the computerized tracking and monitoring system.
• Handle and load freight into carts to be taken to flight line.
• Adhere to required security procedures and hazardous material handling requirements.
• Maintain and update necessary inventory.
• Perform routine cleaning and upkeep functions to ensure a safe work area at all times.
• Establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with passengers, co-workers, shift coordinators, supervisors, managers, etc.
• Comply with all safety, security, compliance and quality standards and procedures established by the Company, Clients, and regulatory authorities.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED required.
Previous cargo, warehouse, or delivery service experience preferred.
Must be 21 years of age or older.
Must submit to and pass a drug screen.
Must possess a valid driver’s license for at minimum 1 year
Must meet all requirements to receive required airport SIDA badge and Customs Seal (if applicable), including successful completion of a background check and ten-year work history.