Supports the operation in delivering Superior Guest Service by performing duties which may include: managing or assisting with the day-to-day operations of the unit’s performance by understanding and monitoring cost, revenue, labor and inventory control, quality of products and services. Manages or assists with employee relations, coaching and counseling, and training. Manages or assists in maintaining food quality to ensure compliance with company, franchise, brand/concept, and regulatory agency requirements.
1. Managing or assisting with the day-to-day operations of the unit’s performance by monitoring cost, revenue, labor and inventory control, quality of products and services.
2. Supervises the activities of unit employees, assigns duties and ensure that all areas of the unit are properly cleaned and maintained.
3. Monitors and maintains all quality control records, including quality assurance and loss prevention policies and procedures and cleaning programs.
4. Ensures compliance with company and brand and/or franchise standards of operating procedures, as well as those of all applicable regulatory agencies.
5. Operates unit in compliance with airport requirements and maintains awareness of volume and activities.
6. Maintains effective communication and positive associate relations by managing progressive discipline, resolving associate relations issues, incentive programs and assist with conducting performance reviews.
7. Assists with recruiting, selecting, promotion and training of associates and other status changes as needed.
8. Works with maintenance staff to inspect, maintain, and replace equipment when necessary.
9. Follows and monitors safe food handling, proper hygiene practices, and workplace safety standards for operating a unit.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
The position makes recommendations with respect to an assigned unit to upper-level management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma. Completion of technical school program or company training program in restaurant management/food service, etc. highly preferred. Minimum of 3 years in restaurant/food service with 2 years of leadership experience. Must be able to obtain alcohol awareness and/or ServSafe Food Safety certification.
Knowledge of restaurant operations. Ability to understand P&L and sales reports. Ability to lead and motivate subordinate staff. Exceptional interpersonal skills, in dealing with employees, customers, etc.
Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions; create correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively communicate information individually and in group situations to customers, co-workers, and staff.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply reasonable understanding in carrying out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to communicate in verbal and written forms, and visually navigate through the unit.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to continuously stand and walk. Use hands for lifting and carrying (0-30lbs.) including frequent reaching, grasping, pushing and pulling; and stooping and bending.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.